Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Family Trip

So I've been putting off posting about my family trip because...well... erm... I'm lazy.

But as I'm doing my best to shrug off a bit of insomnia this seems to be a very appropriate time.

But let's see if I can in someway get these pictures into a storytelling format.


To start us off you have the butterflies having a drink break at what we shall, from now on at least, butterfly beach.


Mom and dad taking a break while hiking up to the hot spring.

Josh forging the way to the hot spring.
The entrance to the hotspring.
Our friendly little bats. Can you find them?
There they are. The next week when Josh (Callahan aka Idaho Josh) went to the hot spring there were literally hundreds of them.
My Mom chillin in the hot tub.

Dinner. Josh and I bought a 34 inch salmon from the Indians the day before the trip. Then we cleaned it at the beach and cooked in the fire. Without a doubt--it was the best salmon I have every had.
A pleasant surprise we had on arriving at the campsite. Baby Jonah! NAKED!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Definitely put butterfly beach (during butterfly season?), bat cave, and the salmon on the short list. The rapids are awesome, but it's stuff like that that really cements the trip. What a cute little gypsy baby. Do you want him? He's for sale...

Unknown said...

Naked babies!? What kind of beach was that! :)

Looks like you guys had a great time!!