Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update, part deux

So, I went to Paris for my spring break this year--yes, I know I'm not in school, but I still deserve a spring break. Donchathink? Iknowido.

Despite being quite apprehensive about going with my mom, it was actually a very pleasant trip. Though I never want to go anywhere with a person that doesn't know how to use a digital camera. It stressed me out to no end to not be able to get the few pictures of me that I wanted. While I am more than happy to take them all myself, my mom would get offended when I would not let her take my picture. (It never was my dream to goto Paris with my mom, but she'd never been out of the country, and the opportunity kinda just fell in my lap-- and WHO in the their right mind would turn down a free trip to Paris)

This little street was my mom's find. She liked to take a walk to a payphone and call home to talk to dad (and pay with her credit card, despite my advisement of buying a phone card... it was *quite* expensive) and she did a little exploring too. At least, once I made her memorize our metro stop, hostel name, and carry a flier--and her cell phone. Which was really hard to get her to do.


My emo-classic myspace/paris pic.


We did it! Climbed the stairs :)


This is Marc and Sara-- Sara was the reason we went to Paris to being with. Her little brother is doing an internship and she wanted to visit him.

Notre Dame-- I actually took about a hundred pictures inside Notre Dame (and outside) but not a single picture from inside comes close to accurately depicting it.



The "back side" of Notre Dame--and possible the side I prefer. Notice the park? How awesome would it be to take your kids to play in the park under Notre Dame on sundays.


The great thing about walking around Paris at night is the strobe around the top. You always have a point of reference. (well when you can see the tower at least)





A few pictures from the Louvre-- just some favorites.

My love. Venus.






Perhaps my favorite picture--though my mom could never not make it blurry. Nevermind the fact I did it on my first shot of her.




4 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

I love the pics! It's about time you updated this. So what now?

Quintin said...

Ummm... Well I got accepted back into BYU again. But some people are trying to get me to coach at the new high school in az. It'd be a lie if I said I wasn't tempted.

Kimberly said...

Ooo..that could be cool, but then you'd have to pass on BYU and who's to say which opportunity you would wish you'd taken?

P.S. I agree that the back side of Notre Dame is the coolest (or at least more indicative of gothic style).

rantipoler said...

So fabulous! I really love Paris, even though I only got to spend a day there. I went on a European trip with my dad, and I think we had a similar experience (we often frustrate each other) but it's amazing how much it strengthened our relationship. I'm so glad you went! :)