Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Movie Game

the movie game
I took this idea from Kim's page who stole it from her friend Danielle's Facebook note. Here are the rules:

- Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (memorable quotes link located on the left).
- Post them for everyone to guess (just leave a comment).


1. Character 1: Just you reconsider playing that message for him!
Character 2: [beep]
Character 1: No, I don't think he likes you at all.
Character 2:[beeps again]
Character 1: No, I don't like you either. -Kim

2. I'm obnoxious! -Stephanie

3. Boy: No time to discuss this as a committee.
Girl: I am not a committee. -Kim

4. Look - I find some of what you teach suspect because I'm used to relying on intellect

5. I can be in the NBA. I'm tall, I like to wear shorts. Hook! Hook! Dunk! Dunk! Baby, I'm all about three points.

6. Man 1: Your nose is broken.
Man 2: How does it look?
Man 1: Ah, it's an improvement.

7. Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up, just don't do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers

8. It's a trap! -Scott (bonus points for citing by whom)

9. So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause -Kim

10. You don't want to die, but you don't know how to take a life. Give it to me; these men would kill you, and take it anyway. Give it to me. You can tell 'em I took it by force. Give it to me, and I'll do what you shoulda did ten minutes ago. -Jenny

11. So you like to pick on little guys, huh? Well, why don't you pick on me? -Dumbo

12. Man 1: My son's coming over tonight, so I'm going to have something special made for him.
Man 2: Italian food made by a bunch of Mexicans doesn't sound so special to me, ____

13. Smite me, oh mighty Smiter -Scott

14. Boy: She would be eating if we were having Tony loaf.
Girl: That's it!
...
Woman: Both of you sit down
Woman: Bob! It's time to engage! Do something! Don't just stand there, I need you to.. intervene!
Man: You want me to intervene? [picks up table]
Man: Okay, I'm intervening! I'm intervening! -Stephanie

15. Man 1: I donna suppose you could speed things up?
Man 2: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Man 1: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
Man 2: That does put a damper on our relationship -Kim

16. Woman: That boy is your company. And if he wants to eat up that tablecloth, you let him, you hear? And if you can't act fit to eat like folks, you can just set here and eat in the kitchen.

17. But you know, the thing about romance is... people only get together right at the very end

18. Man 1: What in heaven's name brought you to _______?
Man 2: My health. I came to ______ for the waters.
Man 1: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
Man 2: I was misinformed. -Kim got it but I had forgotten to edit it and can't figure out how to edit her post without deleting it so it's really only a partial guess :P

19. Girl: What is your sexuality?
Boy: Well, Jan's straight, and I'm... controversial.
Girl: Are you trying to tell me you speak fag?
Boy: Oh, fluently

20: Girl 1: What a prick.
Girl 2: But he was really nice about it.
Girl 1: Being nice when you say something pricky is even prickier -Kim

21: Boy: I think you're really beautiful and I feel really warm when I'm around you and my tongue swells up.
[pause]
Boy: So... do you wanna eat food? -Anna Lisa

10 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

#2: Finding Nemo!

Stephanie Saunders said...

#14: The Incredibles! (You can tell that I am responsible for the care of young children by my thorough knowledge of Disney movie quotes...)

Kimberly said...

#3: The Empire Strikes Back
#9: Revenge of the Sith
#15: The Princess Bride
#18: Casablanca

Josh guesses #21 is Napolean Dynamite. There are some that tickle the back of my head, so maybe more guesses later.

Kimberly said...

oh, and I think #20 is Center Stage. How could I forget that on my list?! (I just realized I didn't put anything from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which is also a favorite).

Kimberly said...

It took me a while to realize why one of the character's was beeping. Hehe. I love R2D2. I should have known since the 'characters' weren't male or female. Well, that and the beeping. #1 is from A New Hope, I think.

rantipoler said...

Everyone else guessed the only ones I know, but I'm thinking that #21 is actually Elf.

Scott said...

#8: "It's a trap!" - Admiral Ackbar, Star Wars Ep6. YES.

Scott said...

#13 is Bruce Almighty! I remember Jim Carrey saying that.

Unknown said...

10. The Dark Knight!
11. Dumbo!

Kimberly said...

Fine, fine, take away the point. But I would have gotten it anyway ;).