Monday, August 18, 2008

On the River

I finally gave in and started one of these things. I'll blame it on my obsession with reading Kim's and Stephanie's. It's a good way to feel a little more connected. Which, considering my nomadic lifestyle as of late, is rather nice. Plus I guess it is a good place to share some pictures.

So the other day I took this boat full of crazy middle aged women down the river. It actually was a really fun trip--and the best part is this picture that they took.

We have three requirements to be a river guide at Epley's:

1-- Take six trips down the 70 mile stretch of river we are licensed for.
2-- Get in the boat by yourself (from the river)
3-- Do a backflip off the boat.

Now the first two are kinda self explanatory. Licensure and practicallity. The backflip is just as important in most trips. Simply because people like to see it. And there are times that you have to use every trick in your book to entertain people for 8 hours. Me being me, I couldn't just do a backflip--so I generally do a full. It's funny 'cause the first few times I did it off the boat last year I kept hitting my face on the boat because I'd land where I jumped from. I have since adjusted, and usually think it looks pretty cool--but had never really seen a picture that captured it well.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Now your fulls are going to be messed up on the ground! I found the 100 meter online (nbc.com). Did you see the women's all-around? Nastia Lukin totally rocked it.

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quintin said...

Yeah I watched it. At least she won--she deserved it. But she was routinely scored lower than she deserved.

emily said...

wow, the other guides don't stand a chance at a medal with your difficulty score being so much higher!

welcome to the blogosphere. :)

Stephanie Saunders said...

Good grief, it's about time! I thought you'd never start one! And I'm honored that you check my blog frequently :) By the way, the goatee and 'stache is very becoming. I'd keep it.

Kimberly said...

I agree with Steph. While I generally prefer men clean-shaven, I think you look really good with facial hair.